5 Understated Pumpkin Decor Ideas
Tyler: “And then we can get a sound machine with the noise of just a heartbeat and play it while the trick or treaters are going around.”
Me: “Can we play Monster Mash?”
“Why not? I love that song.”
“Not scary enough babe. Come on now.”
Based on the conversation above, you can see that Tyler and I have very different ideas when it comes to Halloween decor. He loves gory graves, scary sounds, and life-sized mummies. I tend to view Halloween through a slightly different lens – embracing the opportunity to create fall-inspired, slightly creepy designs that really only fit this time of year.
Especially if you have kids, Halloween can be a really fun time to go with everything and the kitchen sink in terms of decorations. However, there are also some really classy, creative options that are easy DIYs – perfect if you’re having an adult Halloween cocktail hour, or if you just want to show off some style.
Here are 5 that I can’t wait to try:
- Gold Geometric Pumpkin: Grab a gold paint pen and take 10 minutes to create this classy pumpkin collection.
- Bat Infested Pumpkin: This simple DIY uses bats cut from poster board to make a statement.
- Owl Pumpkin: A couple of easy steps and simple carving give you these original owl pumpkins!
- Thumbtack “Eek” Pumpkin: Create the perfect table centerpiece just using paint and thumbtacks.
- Chalkboard Pumpkin: This works great for kids to draw their own designs – or could work as a “menu” for a Halloween cocktail party!
Bonus: I plan on attempting this Pumpkin Bird Feeder later this week!