Chocolate Protein Milkshake
Have you ever had one of those weeks where you feel like you’re getting absolutely crushed? Surprise work projects pop out of nowhere, people expect you to be two places at once, every workout is the worst workout, and your dog is always barking? But then you pause and think to yourself, “But I’m SO lucky! And besides, it’s already Thursday night! Tomorrow is Friday! It’s basically the weekend!”
But it’s not Thursday night at all, is it? It’s Wednesday night. Damn it.
It is nights during these types of earth-shattering realizations that I like to reach for a secret weapon like my Chocolate Protein “Milkshake”. Is milkshake one word or two? Milk shake. Milkshake. Hm. Debatable.
Everyone loves comfort food. Honestly, one of the biggest reasons why people turn to dessert at night is because it is a familiar signal tells you, “the day is over, time to relax.” Unfortunately, when cleaning up your diet, it’s only natural that you miss that signal. The great news is, as long as you don’t do it EVERY night, there are some clean options for replacements.
This shake is really easy to whip up and just so, so on the money. I can’t even say anything else about how glorious it is. The end.
CHOCOLATE PROTEIN MILKSHAKE
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 scoop of vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I use Stronger Faster Healthier)
- 1.5 T unsweetened cacao powder (sometimes I even put two…hehe)
- 1 banana (I buy a bunch and freeze them, just pulling one out every time I make a shake)
- 1 T almond butter (optional, sometimes I leave this out)
- handful of ice
- a few large shakes of cinnamon
- splash of almond milk (optional, sometimes I leave this out, but it makes it more creamy)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend. If it turns out too thick for your liking, you can add a bit more water or almond milk to thin it out.