Pecan Crusted Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
Getting back to your routine after a fun holiday weekend is always tough. You just want to keep the S’mores, spiked lemonade, firework-frenzy carefree party train rolling…but alas, conference calls, workout sessions & green juices are calling your name.
Taking things just a little bit at a time is the best way to get started. Just worry about your next meal, not about how you’re going to clean things up for the next few days. Before you know it, you’ll be right back on the horse.
You can read a great post I wrote here about 6 Ways to get your Diet Back on Track.
And better yet, here’s a tasty & easy recipe to help you out. Make a few extra chicken breasts and eat them for lunch the next day, thinly sliced over a salad! Or better yet, over some yummy pesto spaghetti squash!
PECAN CRUSTED CHICKEN WITH HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup pecans
For the sauce:
- 2T dijon mustard
- 5T raw honey, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Melt the honey, and stir together with the mustard, combining well.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Then, take a brush and brush the honey mustard mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Put the pecans in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (you could also do this with a knife, or put the pecans in a plastic bag and gently hammer). Put the chopped pecans in a shallow bowl or a plate with high sides.
- Roll your honey-mustard-covered chicken breasts in the pecans to coat them as evenly as possible on both sides, and place the chicken on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 mins or until the juices run clear at 350 degrees. While the chicken is baking, you can also do another round of the honey mustard sauce to use for dipping!